Something that you probably didn’t know: The Sweetest Day is on October 17th! Originally formed as a day to bestow romantic gestures on others, The Sweetest Day has become an excuse to do something nice for someone else, or yourself. I’m all about a holiday that involves finding new ways to “treat yo’self,” but what I really enjoy is making other people smile. So, to celebrate this newly learned holiday, I decided to set out around Boston and bestow bottles of Sparkling IZZE on unassuming passersby.
Where did I go? Follow the pictures clockwise, starting with the smaller image on the top right:
- My first delivery was to some of the neighbors. I surprised them with a few bottles of sparkling Raspberry Watermelon and a nice note on their doorstep.
- After that, I headed to a dog park in the South End to hand out more sweet treats. But if I’m being honest, this stop was more about treating myself – I was in need of a puppy fix and it was much less weird this way than being that girl in the dog park who doesn’t have a dog…
- Next, I ventured to Fenway to see my friend Krissy of Pollen Floral Design. We spent the afternoon together eating BBQ and scouting cool walls to shoot photos with eucalyptus.
- No Fall adventure is complete without a trip to the Arnold Arboretum! I couldn’t resist the foliage so I drove to Jamaica Plain to hand out some IZZE bottles to other leaf peepers – looking up for that long has to make you thirsty, right?
- I ended my adventure in Savin Hill where I rescued Heather from her construction zone of an apartment. The poor thing has been trapped in her room while workers gut and remodel her bathroom and kitchen. Nothing a little IZZE can’t fix!
Just because every day isn’t The Sweetest Day, doesn’t mean that you can’t brighten someone’s day. Any gesture of kindness, no matter how small, makes a difference. What are you waiting for? Get out there and pay it forward!
*this is a sponsored post – all opinions are my own
Linked up with: Fab Favorites, That Friday, Favorite Fashion, Casual Friday, Casual Friday 2, #Passion4Fashion, FOI, Fashion Friday, Fun Fashion Friday, Friday Faves, Five On Friday, Oh Hey, Friday, Flashback Fashion, Forage, Friday Faves